A beautifully colored lip is what completes a trendy makeup look. Given the number of shades of lipsticks available in the market, it is tempting to buy colors that you may come across in a magazine, but it is very important to check which type of lipstick suits you best before buying it. Many factors determine the shade of lipstick that suits you the best. Let’s take a look at how you can find the best shade of lipstick that will suit you based on the texture of your lips:
Determine the dryness of your lips
- The texture of every person’s lips is different, and lipsticks that suit different hydration needs also differ. In case you have dry lips, you will need to stay away from shimmery, long wear, and matte lipsticks. These will only aid in drying out your already dry lips even faster.
- For maximum hydration of your lips, opt for creamy lipsticks. They provide a casual look and, at the same time, give your lips maximum hydration. These are what we call everyday wear, and they come in various nude shades and give a great finish to a neutral look. Also, it is advisable to buy a nude shade that is a little darker than your skin tone.
If you are looking for lipsticks for long wear, it would be best to stick to satin or gloss lipsticks.
- They also add a shimmery finish to your look and give your lips more volume. Glossy lipsticks are also great at hiding all the lines and wrinkles on your lips, giving your lips a full and rounded feel. Try to avoid glossy lipstick if you have dry lips as they dry out your lips and are not good for casual wear.
- If it is a velvet finish that you want, matte lipsticks are the ones to go for. Matte lipsticks are in trend right now, and they are also long-lasting. You need to use caution if you have dry lips and want to use matte lipsticks as they can dry out your lips fast. Matte lipsticks also accentuate every line or wrinkle on your lip as they have no gloss or shine over them, so ensure that you hydrate your lips before you use a matte lipstick.
- Frosted lipsticks give you a retro look as they were quite popular in the 80s and 90s. When using frosted lipsticks, ensure that you choose shades that are lighter than your skin tone. Frosted lipsticks are now back in trend and several celebrities can be spotted wearing these.
Choosing the lipstick that will best suit you based on the texture of your skin will help you feel comfortable and keep your lips hydrated all day long. You will need to go for a brand of lipstick that is good and of high quality. A high-quality lipstick should be somewhere between rigid and oily; it should be stiff but not crumbly, and slick but not greasy.